Monday, July 13, 2009

Its been a minute...

But I'm still here. lol

Hey guys. So, I've recently been super busy with this summer Camp that I mentor for at CCS. I'm responsible for 6 lovely young female artists. The camp is full of well behaved/mature teens this year, so that's always good. Despite their good behavior, its still hard work. I've been super pooped running around doing pranks, teacher assisting, activities, freelance work, and such. This is why I have been kind of out of touch and hard to reach. But I've adjusted, so back to your regularly scheduled Brandi :) So this blog will be about freakin awesome people!

My fellow mentors at camp this year are SUPER awesome! They are wonderful people with great personalities and AWESOME senses of humor. I've laughed harder in the past week than I have in the past freakin year. Geezus! I love those guys. In fact, I am constantly finding that I am surrounded by awesome people. I can tell that I've been blessed to meet some of the best humans on this planet!

Speaking of which, I met some new fantastic music artists about two weeks ago. I went to the Old Miami with My best friend/sister, Kirby, and our super fantabulous rap/rock/freakin awesome musician friend, Beanz. We also saw our good friends Khary and Saron from their rap group Detroit Cydi (they are the bomb like TICK TICK! lol)

While at the show, I met/heard Sunclef + LEO37, Tanika Charles, and a duo who refer to themselves as Magnolius. These artists (and Beans) rocked everyone's socks off at the Old Miami (which by the way is an AWESOME spot).

Tanika is a soul singer with an awesome voice! She was a little lady, but her voice was HUGE and she had the attitude to match. LEO37 + Sunclef did some awesome callabo work. I have two of their songs currently on my 'good vibes' and my 'lazyday chylln' itunes playlists. They make the kind of music that makes you feel good on the inside....The kind that makes everyone in the venue become instant friends because they feel the good vibes of the music in the people around them. good shyt. And Magnolious....whew!....not only do they have awesome azz content (lyrics), appearance, and musical style, but they fukkin ROCK when it comes to performing! I head banged so hard that I got a headache. They had a good range of songs too. They started off fast and slowed it down. All the performers were definite 'must-see-agains' on my list! And after all the performers went on, I got a chance to talk with all of em. They had killer personalities. Matt (Sunclef) was super kool...and hes a graphic designer! And I discovered that Tanika is on of my Sagittarian sisters..... The evening was wonderful....I hope Kirby gets all of them on her radio show! It'd be awesome.

So that's basically it...I've been surrounded by awesome people. It feels good. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment