Sunday, June 7, 2009

Loved Ones

So on my downtime from fun and awesomeness, I sit back and reflect on my life experiences. Mostly the good ones, because tomorrow isn't promised and I'd rather not waste today on bad memories. However, when I reflect, I constantly think of the people who have entered my life and the impact they have had on me. Whether the person remains in my life or whether their stay was shortened; each person has lead me to the wonderful point I am at now. So this note is dedicated to the people [and persons] in [or out of] my life with whom I've experienced potent moments with. Each segment I write will be followed by some quotes that I think best describes my lessons/thoughts/relationships gained from my experiences with each person.

[this is not my entire list, i think I'll just do a few people a day]


Kirby- YAY! That's how Kirby makes me feel. To talk about Kirby, I must first rewind some time. In my youth and much of my early teen years, I was a jovial person. Always perky, always smiling, always optimistic. Then at about the age of 17 I started to encounter some of the sadder parts of life: heartbreak, depression, etc. Then at 19 I encountered even more sadness and problems. I had lost a lot of my jovial self. I had stopped smiling as often.

Then there was Kirby.

Kirby is a slice of sunshine pie. Even though she has had her share of sadness and downfall, she constantly remains perky. Many people think that because a person oftentimes appears happy, that they lack understanding of hardship; they lack a sense of realism; that they can't be taken seriously. WRONG. Kirby is a true example of strength. Despite whatever her personal storms may bring, she always remains a ray of sunshine in the life of others. That takes a lot. She is a selfless woman and is so enthusiastic about life and love! She has taught me how to smile again, even when it is difficult. She is a constant source of illumination in my heart and she is the reason I've been able to install positivity in others! She brought back my smile.

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. --Albert Schweitzer


Danae- Oh chyld! Me and Danae have been through tremendous amounts of things. 2009 marks the 10th year of Danae's presence in my life. Each year has gotten better and better. Danae was and still is my very first TRUE best friend! She was my friend before I was even my own friend. She found value in me before I realized I had any value.

She installed in me confidence of self. Danae has installed in me a greater sense of passion. She made it ok to stand up for myself and stand behind the things and people I love. However the strongest impact Danae has left in my life, is her steady presence. Despite me and Danae encountering fights, arguments and breakdowns; she has shown the power of true friendship. The kind of friendship that grows from the dirt of adversity, and blooms into a beautiful flower. I could write a freakin book on our friendship! I love her dearly, and though we have different perspectives on a lot of things about life, we share a strong bond and an even stronger belief in God.
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. --Proverbs 17:17

Friendship that flows from the heart cannot be frozen by adversity, as the water that flows from the spring cannot congeal in winter.--James Fenimore Cooper

A true friend is someone that knows the song of your soul, and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words.—Anonymous
Patrick- Patrick was my first love. He and I sparingly talk now, but when we do talk I usually thank him for his influence in my life. I strongly believe that all humans have three essential elements: mind, body, soul. A lot of how my mind works has been shaped by Patrick. He gave me the starter tool kit for thinking outside the box. He made it OK for me to venture into thoughts that I previously thought to be forbidden. He opened me up to different views on religion, sexuality, society, etc. In a way, he set me free from my previous religious shackles. He allowed me to see the portion of God in myself and in everyone and everything else in the world. He showed me the value of knowledge and truth. He showed me how doubt could strengthen faith. He taught me that it was OK to question. Without his influence I might have never made the spiritual journey that I've made. In a sense he became a tiny baby Jesus who helped to strengthen my connection to my creator. lol.
First, rely on the spirit and meaning of the teachings,
not on the words;

Second, rely on the teachings,
not on the personality of the teacher;

Third, rely on real wisdom,
not superficial interpretation;

And fourth, rely on the essence of your pure Wisdom Mind,
not on judgmental perceptions.





~The happiest moments my heart knows are those in which it is pouring forth its affections to a few esteemed characters. --Thomas Jefferson~

No comments:

Post a Comment