Sunday, June 14, 2009

YAY BLOGS....somewhere to release my excitement

[]= dictionary definition

*Foreword: This note is typed with the assumption that the dictionary definitions of the chosen words are correct. I personally do not believe that words/dictionaries are concrete. I believe they are abstract. I do not believe in absolutes (not even the one i just typed lmao) This note was simply typed for brain fun. My thoughts, beliefs and opinions are subject to change.*


[flaw- n. a mark, fault, or other imperfection that mars a substance or object]

I've been thinking a lot lately about 'flaws'. Whether they are things to be corrected or not. Or if any human can even define what a 'flaw' is? Are 'flaws' simply created in our minds by our inclination to judge and define everything? And if so does that mean that in reality 'flaws' are non-existent? I am starting to believe that flaws and perfections are the same thing. They are both non-existent and existent at the same time...

I believe God is omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent. I believe, that God has the capacity to do ALL things, because God IS ALL things. Is there anything, anyone or anywhere that is void of God? I would doubt so if God is omnipresent, which I believe God is.

A flaw is a thing that lessens the quality of something else. God is the ultimate quality because there is nothing exceeding or extending past God. To say that any one part of God's creation is flawed, in my opinion, would be to say that there is something flawed with a PORTION of God. This, to me, IS thinkable and logical. This is because no single object, aside from God in its entirety, is perfect. Or is it?

[perfect- n. having all the required or desirable elements, qualities, or characteristics; as good as it is possible to be.]

To say that something is perfect, it to say that it has all the things desired of it.
My question is: Desired by whom?!? Desired by another person, or desired by God?
As far as I am concerned, I believe it is impossible for a human to even be AWARE of all the "elements, qualities, or characteristics" that can even be required and/or desired. Humans are NOT omniscient. Or atleast I haven't met any that are, lol. This being said, I believe God is be the only entity capable of:
a. knowing ALL the elements, qualities, or characteristics that can possibly be desired or required
b. desire or require these elements, qualities, or characteristics

From that thought, I would question: Does God desire/require?

[desire- v. to strongly wish for or want (something)]
[require- v. to need for a particular purpose; depend on for success or survival]

I believe God is omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent. In other words, I believe God lacks NOTHING. With that belief, I question what could God possibly desire, want or wish for, or require that God does not already have? God is omniscient, meaning God knows everything. Even the future. So if God had a desired outcome, why would God go against its own desire or requirements? Is it possible that God could go against itself? If God is omnipotent, which I believe is true, then the answer to the previous question is yes. God could go against itself.

But would God do that?

I don't know. :)

God works in mysterious ways.



Related and Concluding thoughts:

"Imperfection is the only perfect thing, just as the only constant thing is change."- Brandi Keeler

"If God seems to be in no hurry to make the problem of evil go away, maybe we shouldn't be, either. Maybe our compulsion to wash God's hands for him is a service he doesn't appreciate. Maybe – all theodicies and nearly all theologians to the contrary -- evil is where we meet God. Maybe he isn't bothered by showing up dirty for his dates with creation. Maybe -- just maybe -- if we ever solved the problem, we'd have talked ourselves out of a lover". --Robert Farrar Capon

The knowledge of God is very far from the love of Him. --Blaise Pascal

2 comments: