Wednesday, June 10, 2009

True friendship

Man I REALLY do have the greatest friendships in the world. Not the kind where everything is perfect all the time and we're always frolicking through the flowers; but rather, the kind of friendships that work through the best of times and the worst of times. Or even the mediocre of times. lol. I have friends who don't think the same as me...which ROCKS! I like being able to have friends with differing views and opinions on the world. With our friendship, we take our differences and make them into things to be cherished and learned from, rather than things to be corrected. I have friends who don't judge me for my flaws/mistakes, but acknowledge them so that i may make my own choices of how to deal with them. I have friends who genuinely care about me, not because they expect things in return. My friendships are forgiving. Me and my best friends ALWAYS work out our problems, no matter how big or small. My friends are the types of friends that philosophers and great people write quotes about. I couldn't imagine my life being this great without them being by my side. My friendships are imperfectly PERFECT! I love my friends. I've found that TRUE friendships are NOT the kind that never have any problems, or that each partner never upsets the other. But rather true friendship recognizes adversity, overcomes it and then grows stronger as a result.

Think about it. Many things, that are worth it in life, are worth working for. Great athletes endure great pain and many hours of training. If a sport is EASY, then their is no real accomplishment in winning it. Lol that's why no one knows the world champion for putt putt golf player, but everyone can recognize Tiger Woods. The same goes for my friendships (this includes relationships with my family). I am proud of them. They are the TRUE accomplishments of my life. They are what I cherish above all.

Shyt, they're so great, I can't stop writing about them! lol

quotes that describe my friends/friendships:

The better part of one's life consists of his friendships.- Abraham Lincoln

The happiest moments my heart knows are those in which it is pouring forth its affections to a few esteemed characters. --Thomas Jefferson

I'd rather have two good friends, than 500,000 admirers.-- E.E. Cummings

Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person! Having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all out just as they are, chaff and grain together. Certain that a faithful hand will take them and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.-- George Eliot

Don't flatter yourself that friendship authorizes you to say disagreeable things to your intimates. The nearer you come into relation with a person, the more necessary do tact and courtesy become. --Oliver Wendell Holmes

Perhaps the most delightful friendships are those in which there is much agreement, much disputation, and yet more personal liking. --George Eliot

Friendship that flows from the heart cannot be frozen by adversity, as the water that flows from the spring cannogt congeal in winter.--James Fenimore Cooper

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. --Proverbs 17:17

Impart as much as you can of your spiritual being to those who are on the road with you, and accept as something precious what comes back to you from them. --Albert Schweitzer

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. --Albert Schweitzer

When friends stop being frank and useful to each other, the whole world loses some of its radiance.--Anatole Broyard

A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him I may think aloud.-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

We love those who can lead us to a place we will never reach without them.--Norman Mailer

The friendships that last are those wherein each friend respects the other's dignity to the point of not really wanting anything from him.--Cyril Connolly




No comments:

Post a Comment